Developer C# PPI
Long story short
At Brand New Day we tend to do things differently. We’re definitely not boring or bureaucratic like any pension provider. We just want to build the best system for long term consumers savings and investment. In order to do that, we need the best development teams. We know this sounds like a marketing story. It isn’t. We honestly believe in doing things our own way and challenging the status quo. Still not convinced? Come in for a coffee with our lead developer or IT director. Or speak to the teams and see for yourself.
What you will be doing
We promise top-quality service to each and every one of our customers. That means almost 300,000 people have exceptionally high expectations of Brand New Day. We try to fulfil those expectations by creating our own systems. Next to working on clients or business needs, you spend 25% of your time working on technical projects, like Brand New Day development working towards CI/CD, central logging and monitoring based on Elastic and experimenting with and implementing the newest techniques. Just as important, however, is that you enjoy working together closely with a bunch of other talented developers and testers in an international setting.
Required experience & skills
- You’re smart and have some way of proving it.
- You enjoy sharing your skills and expertise with your co-workers, taking them to the next level in their development.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of application development.
- Affinity with UML, design patterns, SOA and OOP.
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, DDD are all fine; we work with SCRUM and the Nexus framework for scaling SCRUM
- Continuous integration, automated deployment and working in a DTAP holds no secrets for you.
- Experience with the preparation of software architecture documentation and initial architectural designs.
- Willingness to test what your build: we have few testers and rely on you for the bigger part
- Good command of the English language
- A pension scheme invested in a superior way. Comes with top-notch service ;)
- Compensation for your travelling expenses.
- 25 days of paid leave
- The possibility to work sprints in Bangkok with our colleagues there
- A vibrant company, 200 great colleagues with an average age of 32
- Space for you to develop yourself and do things your own way.
- Freedom to provide your own solutions: discussing stuff based on good arguments instead of seniority
- Intensive collaboration within dedicated teams: frontend, backend, IT operations and testers
- The possibility to visit meetups or follow courses on topics you’re interested in
- Involvement in our Quality assurance program, which really fosters higher software quality and collaboration
- Good public transport connection to the office at Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA
Procedure (keep calm, it will be as smooth as possible):
1. Interview at the office (or through Skype)
2. Code test
3. Meet the team
4. Be hired, be awesome